Sven Dowideit – Consulting Wiki Engineer
fosiki creates systems for gathering and reporting business Information and Intelligence using lessons learnt from the Wiki phenomenon.
We provide Businesses with enterprise level assurance, through software development, Issue resolution and Support Contracts.
Sven Dowideit has been developing and championing the use of application wiki’s (specifically TWiki and now Foswiki) in the workplace since 1998. I’ve written numerous open source and company specific Extensions, and have been one of the main contributors to the core codebase over that time.
After a turbulent 2008, caused by unappreciated attention from the trademark holding marketing startup, the TWiki community and developers relaunched the project under the new name Foswiki – Free and Open Source Wiki.
2009&2010 is about mixing Social networks, Business Intelligence and Dashboarding concepts into an even more Data oriented Wiki – Foswiki 1.1 and 2.0.
Current and Previous Projects
We are creating active tools to bring Wikis into the less technical user group. Projects include:
- DTrace support for Perl
- MongoDB based accelerator and storage backend for Foswiki 1.1
- Foswiki access statistics and analytics
- a new Dojo Toolkit based Foswiki Explorer IDE
- using Catalyst Framework and YUI to build mySpending.info, a collaborative space for tracking small financial information (grocery receipts etc).
- The Foswiki debian packages to simplify installation and maintainence. See http://fosiki.com/Foswiki_debian/
- The Foswiki rpm packages to simplify installation and maintainence. See http://fosiki.com/Foswiki_rpms/
- enhancing Foswiki’s Data-Wiki abilities through the development of a Database backed store.
- Wsyiwyg editing with wikiwyg, kupu and others – Foswiki:Extensions.WysiwygPlugin and Foswiki:Plugins.WikiwygContrib
- domain and task specific mini-editors – see the initial concept studies sponsored by iLog at TWiki:Plugins.InlineEditPlugin and ComponentEditPlugin
- develop structured applications such as Foswiki BugsContrib and the upcoming FoswikiApplicationsContrib containing a simple to use News Application, Todo tracker, and more
- Foswiki v1.0.0
- TWiki 4.2.0 Release including new UserMapping API
- Windows, OSX and rpm based installers for Foswiki and TWiki for clients and the Foswiki.org project
- Foswiki usermapping systems such as TWiki:Plugins.JoomlaUsersContrib for http://www.cmcrossroads.com and TWiki:Plugins.OpenIdUserContrib
Services we offer
- bespoke Open and Closed source Wiki and Web Software customization
- Support Contracts in conjunction with WikiRing Consultants
- System installation and maintainance through advanced installation systems.
- Configuration and build management systems
- Innovation on demand.
Help support our Open Source work
Much of our work on TWiki, and other open source projects is done without client support, things such as the TWiki Builds, bug fixes, unit test work. If you’d like to support this work, please Make a Donation.
Comments Off on Consulting